MECH – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
FAQs regarding Mechanical Engineering
A. If you like to find practical solutions to problems and have the zeal to turn your ideas into reality, a career in mechanical engineering is for you.
A. Yes, every armed force in India has a separate unit for taking care of its various mechanical equipment and automobiles. There is a huge demand for skilled mechanical engineers in forces, so a person with a specialization in mechanical engineering can easily be absorbed in the armed forces.
A. Students pursuing mechanical engineering will be trained in manufacturing processes, manufacturing systems, systems engineering, IT, Networks and basic shop floor communications. The training will help the student to gain hands-on experience in many spheres of technology related to smart manufacturing.
A. Mechanical engineers use different types of software to design and check the performance of the equipment. Following is the list of such software:
- Creo Elements
- Auto Cad
- ANSYS/Abaqus/Nastran and others
A. Mechanical Engineers can suitably be employed in the following sectors:
- Manufacturing industries
- Maintenance work
- Automobile manufacturing and maintenance industries
- Refrigeration industries / Air conditioning industries
A. Following are some of the top companies for candidates looking a career in mechanical engineering:
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- BHEL, NTPC, NHPC
- JCB / Hero Honda
- Armed Forces
- Software companies like TCS, Infosys, and L&T
- Other small scale industries
A. As the world is at the forefront of Industry Revolution 4.0. IoT enabled technologies will give manufacturers the chance to have full visibility of operations and allow them to be responsive towards minute details related o manufacturing processes. For this, industries will require skilled employees leading to an increased number of jobs for a particular stream.
A. It is good that you are sincere about your career as a mechanical engineer. Having enough time, you can do the following things:
- Learn CATIA or any other modelling software.
- Learn Ansys: It will help you to apply knowledge of subjects like SOM and HT.
- Do an internship to have hands-on experience in different domains